Andrej Ferdinand Novak
Studied Political Science, International Relations, Eastern & Southeastern European Studies and Russian Language at Freie Universität Berlin (Germany) and Russian Studies at the European University at Saint Petersburg (Russia).
International experience from Dayton Peace Negotiations, Bundeswehr PsyOps for SFOR in Bosnia and KFOR in Kosovo, education in Germany, the US and Russia, regular visits to Ukraine, Croatia and Bosnia to having spent a decade in business including financial services based in London, Berlin and Moscow as well as over a decade as chairman of international and pro-European NGOs in London, Berlin and Nuremberg.
In the Media
Print & Online
- November 2014 – Grüne Osteuropa-Plattform (Germany) – Contribution: What’s peace in the Donbas worth to us?
- August 2015 – European Council on Foreign Relations (London/Berlin) – Contribution: Europe without Borders 2025: Overcoming the EU neighbourhood policy deadlock
- July 2017 – hromadske International (Ukraine) – Interview: Next steps for Ukraine after the visa-free regime
- November 2018 – Atlantic Council (US) – Contribution (with Dr. Andreas Umland): A Counterintuitive Way Ukraine Can Impress the EU
- November 2018 – ZN.UA (Ukraine) – Contribution (with Dr. Andreas Umland): Why and How Ukraine Should Open Up to the European Union – Ukrainian version & Russian version
- December 2018 – foreignpolicyblogs.com (US) – Contribution (with Dr. Andreas Umland): Why and How Ukraine Should Open Up to the EU Now
- February 2019 – NZZ.CH (Switzerland) – Contribution (with Dr. Andreas Umland): Warum und wie sich die Ukraine weiter für Europa öffnen sollte
- September 2022 – EuroCosmo TwitterSpace (Germany) – Panel discussion with Dr. Andreas Umland and Dr. Gustav Gressel: The War on Ukraine & the Role of Germany
- November 2014 – Ukraine Today (Ukraine) – Interview: „On Germany and the Kremlin Infowar“ (in English)
- July 2017 – hromadske International (Ukraine) – Interview: „What can Europe expect after German elections“ (in English)
- May 2018 – UA TV English (Ukraine) – Interview: „German Foreign Affairs and Partnership with Ukraine“ (in English)
- July 2017 – National Radio Company of Ukraine (Ukraine) – Interview: Ukraine, Parallels with 1990s wars in the former Yugoslavia, Europe, Germany and the „Russian World“ (in Russian)